Thursday 21 April 2011

Bolt round the Holt

Copied from Sussex Sport Photography
Posted: 18 Apr 2011 06:37 PM PDT
It's a bit of a linktastic blog here tonight. Three events from the weekend are now online and ready for you from the weekend. A bit of a mix with an offroad event, a woodland run and an all day Cycling Sportive.

So - links to the galleries in race order:

Bolt Race Gallery link is: http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/a.tlx?k=2n5zgmx


Suffice to say it's been a busy weekend, with more than 370 miles driven to get to events, and the price of diesel now well over £1.40 from the cheapest (that's £6.36 per gallon for those of you who remember £1 per gallon). I managed to eek out about 47mpg so by my maths that was over £50 spent on fuel alone. Phew !

I'm not saying I'm suffering a bit from tiredness, but on Saturday I drove past the A3 junction by mistake and used the M3 junction instead. That was plain silly, as everything said I should have gone down the A3. It only added 3 minutes to the journey, but I did feel a bit stupid.

The Bolt round the Holt as ever was well attended with about 770 individual finishers. A quick look at the indexing data that we have and we have 774 unique catalogued numbers to search by - so I'm guessing that we have everyone. The next bit of analysis on the spreadsheet can wait, but I'm quite pleased with that given how busy the race is during it's peak time. It would be quite easy to miss people in the mix.

It was however perfect conditions for running, as the lead runner pointed out with his winning gap of 2min40s in the 21km/half marathon time of 1:16:20 Not bad on dusty track surfaces.

positive encouragement

on the last lap - reasons to celebrate

Family help on the 10k finish

focus at the finish

No comments: